The Wistoria: Wand and Sword fantasy manga is getting a TV anime adaptation directed by Tatsuya Yoshihara (Chainsaw Man action director, Black Clover director, and later chief director). A short preview trailer and a teaser visual came with the announcement. The anime is set to premiere in July 2024.
Wistoria: Wand and Sword, will have character designs by Sayaka Ono (Cross AngeRondo of Angel and Dragon, Bastard -Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy-) and music by Yuuki Hayashi (My Hero Academia). Yoshihara is handling the series composition and scripts. The other staff include:
- Raita Sunaga (Bastard‼ -Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy-) & Yoshirou Harada (Dairugger XV mechanical designer) as Monster designers
- Ryou Akizuki (Princess Principal Crown Handler prop designer) as Monster designer and prop designer
- Naomi Nakano (Solo Leveling) as Color designer
- Yuki Maeda (Black Clover: Sword of the Wizard King) as Art director
- Ayako Ootsuki (The Tale of Outcasts) as Composting director
The Wistoria: Wand and Sword manga, written by Danmachi’s Fujino Oomori and illustrated by Toshi Aoi, debuted in 2020 in Bessatsu Shonen Magazine. There are eight tankoubons as of October 2023, with volume nine set to be released on February 9, 2024. Kodansha USA describes the plot as follows:
The new, magical dungeon-adventure fantasy series from the author of Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Seeking to fulfill a promise to a childhood friend, Will Serfort enters Regarden Magical Academy with the goal of making it to the top of the magical world. There’s just one problem: he can’t use magic! Will his sword skills be the key to unlocking his true potential?
You might like these:
- Isekai Onsen Paradise Short Anime Trailer Revealed
- Dorohedoro Anime Sequel Announced
- Your Lie in April Creator’s New Shogi Manga in Serialization