The previously announced anime Chained Soldier (Mato Seihei no Slave) will debut in 2023. The information was revealed at the end of a special video about the anime’s production, narrated by Yuya Hirose, who voices the main character. In addition to the premiere date, the character designs for the anime’s main duo, Yuki Wakura and Kyouka Uzen (voiced by Akari Kito), have been revealed.
The previously announced cast of the series includes:
- Akari Kito (Nezuko in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba) as Kyoka Uzen
- Yuya Hirose (Takuma in Val x Love) as Yuki Wakura
- Hina Tachibana (Maina in If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die) as Nei Okawamura
- Yume Miyamoto (Haru in SING “YESTERDAY” FOR ME) as Himari Azuma
- Mari Hino (Dominic in The Promised Neverland) as Shushu Suruga
- Reina Ueda (Maria in Tomodachi Game) as Sahara Wakasa
- Maaya Uchida (Catarina in My Next Life as a Villainess) as Tenka Izumo
- Nene Hieda (Izumi in Bottom-tier Character Tomozaki) as Yachiho Azuma
Chained Soldier is based on Takahiro and Yohei Takemura’s manga and is being produced by Seven Arcs (TONIKAWA: Over The Moon For You). Additional information, such as the main cast and release date, has yet to be revealed.
Yen Press, who is releasing the manga’s first volume in English on June 21, describes the series as:
Otherworldly spaces known as “demon cities” appeared in various parts of Japan, and those who partook in the “peaches” growing there gained unique abilities-but only if they’re girls. One day, a down-in-the-dumps high school boy named Yuuki Wagura suddenly gets lost at the entrance of a demon city. There, he meets Kyoka Uzen, the beautiful leader of the seven programs of “Magical Defense Corps,” whoo orders him to become her slave?!
You might also like: